Well, howdy do. Nothing new here....'tis a very very nice day, though. So nice, in fact, I thought I could do Walmart and still be in a good mood by the time I piled all those bags of things I didn't know I needed into the trunk. Somebody told me once that Walmart gives money to the Republicans. I sure hope that isn't true.....or maybe it's just a wee bit of money. That purse I bought today was only eight bucks. How much money can you give away if you only charge eight bucks for a purse? Come to think of it...... It probably only cost a dollar to make it, so I guess they do have some spare change sitting around. I knew I shouldn't have bought the darn thing! I would buy great shoes from the Republicans, but a little straw purse, I could do without for the sake of my principles.
So, I did Walmart and I found a really cool travel set for toiletries, makeup and jewelry and such.....all the important items that one needs to tow behind the car on a nice long road trip. I haven't opened it up for a complete examination yet, but I know it must have retractable wheels in there somewhere. Luckily, I got the towing package option when I bought the new Jetta last month. No one can actually be expected to fit all that stuff in the trunk, can they?
Okay, so this isn't why I'm here. But it was a nice warm up, anyway. I find this writing thing a little hard. Down there, in my first blog, I just pinched my nose tight and jumped right in. The water was fine......but I had this terrible feeling that my bathing suit drawers were about to come floating up from the bottom of the pool. I, finally, was able to look down this morning, reread what I wrote, and see that I wasn't as exposed as I thought I was. Whew! One good hike and everything is back in its place. Well, kind of......I've got this little wedgie to remind me that there's something important I'm supposed to be doing.
Things came up. I did stuff....did Walmart, picked up my new glasses, paid for Carolyn's gym membership over the phone, got her a new car insurance quote and arranged for the payments on my Mastercard, paid for Rob's work boots on my Visa, and called "Parents of Spoiled Children Anonymous". Okay, that wasn't fair....neither one of them called and ASKED me to do those things. I volunteered. Let's see....where would I find the number for "Guilty Parents of America?" *Sigh*......I guess that all comes with tossing the birdies from the nest and moving to another country. Thank God it's a country where 50% of my mail is credit card offers....and I sure do miss those little critters.
I hope it's okay to babble aimlessly to one's self in one's own blog. (Who made that name up BTW?) Does it have a meaning beyond the fact that it sounds like you're just dumping words on a page? If it does mean dumping words on a page, then I am a damn good blogger.
Alrighty then. This hasn't gone anywhere at all so I'm going to give it up for now. So that this whole thing hasn't been a complete and utter waste of everyone's time, I'll try to post a picture. I'll learn something and you'll be glad you came.
And as for that other thing.....I'll think about that tomorrow. I've got my smugmug account open now and I won't be good for anything for the rest of today.
Fiddle dee dee......
7 comments:
Phone, don't phone, phone, don't phone - what to do? what to do? Why are some decisions so difficult to make? And others - not so much. That roadtrip-worthy travel kit - no-brainer - you had to have it. Called your name as you walked by, didn't it? As with other road-trip worthy, must-haves: a gi-normous insulated coffee mug; a "magic" bag of pecan sandies (Abracadabra - watch them disappear!); a shiny and very very lucky penny; an enviable stash of sharpies. These are some of the necessities of a nice long road trip - and to own them, or not to own them - these are not difficult decisions. But that "other thing" - now that's another story. To phone or not to phone - whatever you decide, it'll be the right decision. That picture you posted... all this road-trip talk - can you please forward your surplus credit card offers up this way? Power of positive thinking. I'm ready for some of that purdy.
Hey, Miss Invizzy herself! Guess what I found on Saturday....a captain's hat...Party Boy's just off the I-10. Who knew we were on the wrong road? Don't be a stranger, girl. We'll get out there once again, I can smell the coffee and the donuts from here.
Ha! If you post pics like that, babble all you want! ;-)
So did the Canuck find her way around Texas? Heck, even Texans have trouble finding their way around Texas. Of course, that picture would make a person lose concentration anyway.
Hey, that's a good idea. I can procrastinate until I get all my pictures posted. I have somewhere around 3000 or so.....one every other day....
Really, I am getting closer. I think tomorrow might be a good day. If I can just get up and do it in the morning before anything else.
OMG! Your blogger is so bloggin! I absolutely love it... and your random thoughts...
A concept that has just come SO into fashion as of late. Or so it seems.
Anyway... Great Job!
OH Ick!... I'm annonymous!
~ Chardonnay
"I hope it's okay to babble aimlessly to one's self in one's own blog."
Absolutely; it's the most wonderfully self indulgent thing I can think of.
It's also OK to keep posting such nice photos.... *gah!*
Post a Comment