So here I sit. John is across the table doing....wait for it...email and shouting at someone on the phone. And I think he is doing some bill paying for the Baku office, too. Whatever it is, it takes 2 laptops and 2 cellphones. He's kind of distracting me, and what's so odd is that he has taken to talking to himself when he doesn't have someone on the other end of the phone line. I wonder when he started doing that.
I picked John up at the airport this morning. I thought he was an hour late, but he wasn't. I was an hour early since he told me his flight arrived at 10:30, which wasn't exactly accurate. Oh well....I had a nice hour leaning against a post watching an long river of humanity pass through the sliding glass doors. Lots of hugging and kissing and flag waving. Danes apparently like to take paper Danish flags on sticks when they go to the airport to collect people. I saw a lot of single thorny roses and one adorable Himalayan kitten....pretty enough for a package of toilet paper.
The movers were supposed to deliver our things this afternoon, but sadly there's been a complication.
I think I'll take the high road, look out my window at my hard won beautiful back yard, and think about how this lovely afternoon is undisturbed by a bunch of guys tramping over my nice clean floors with their dirty boots.
But, then again, looking for someone to blame can be a pleasant pass time, too. It seems that there was a mix up about who was supposed to get paid how much and when. John's understanding was that as long as the Baku office got their payment in hand, the shipment would be released. But apparently that wasn't quite the case. He says he got this information from both the Baku branch and the Danish branch. The Danish agent even called me yesterday to confirm the time for 2 PM.
So, here we are at 3:30 and no stuff. Apparently, the Danish agent was supposed to be paid prior to delivery, too. I'm not sure why neither he, nor the guy in Baku, bothered to tell us before this morning. I mean come on people! Here we are minding our own business, dutifully waiting in line for some hot dogs, and in comes a text message. Where is our money?
Well, shut my mouth and call me stupid.
"You told me you were going to bring the invoice with you when you came to the house this afternoon."
"But, no, we are going to mail the invoice to you next week."
"The invoice that had to be paid before today in order to get delivery?"
"Yes, that invoice."
I'm in the mood to be kind because I can see the backyard and it's pretty, and I'm lucky because not everyone has such a nice backyard to look at, and I do have a chair to sit on, and a TV to watch if I want to, and no one is going to die today if I don't get my stuff.....unlike in Hamlet where lots of people died 12 miles up the road at Elsinore (Helsinger).
I'm just going to put that one down to the technical superiority of the Danes who seem to have mastered time travel before anyone else. They probably managed that in their spare time since Monday and Friday next week are holidays. I'm told we could get it on Tuesday or Wednesday if they get paid first. John figures we'll give them cash because it's only about $500 they're waiting on.....but I can't believe I'll be sitting in limbo for another long weekend over a lousy 500 bucks. By the time I get this house together, it will be time to go back to Canada. God! I'm in full Martha mode and it's going to waste!
**The flowers are very pretty....and the birds sing sweetly....and in another month we can use the pool.**
And tomorrow I will have my precious straw broom and Columbia flip flops.
John confessed that some of the problems might be language issues. Ya think??
**Flip flops flip flops flip flops flip flops.**
We did get some other moving related news in the process, however. Something much more interesting than time and date of delivery. Apparently, this company....isn't exactly a moving company. They are shippers. So, all that was going to happen here this afternoon was the delivery of wooden crates on wooden pallets to the driveway....sign here, thank you very much, have a nice day. Getting it into the house was going to be up to us. Dayum! I sure hope they set it down close to the living quarters.

I picked John up at the airport this morning. I thought he was an hour late, but he wasn't. I was an hour early since he told me his flight arrived at 10:30, which wasn't exactly accurate. Oh well....I had a nice hour leaning against a post watching an long river of humanity pass through the sliding glass doors. Lots of hugging and kissing and flag waving. Danes apparently like to take paper Danish flags on sticks when they go to the airport to collect people. I saw a lot of single thorny roses and one adorable Himalayan kitten....pretty enough for a package of toilet paper.
The movers were supposed to deliver our things this afternoon, but sadly there's been a complication.
I think I'll take the high road, look out my window at my hard won beautiful back yard, and think about how this lovely afternoon is undisturbed by a bunch of guys tramping over my nice clean floors with their dirty boots.
But, then again, looking for someone to blame can be a pleasant pass time, too. It seems that there was a mix up about who was supposed to get paid how much and when. John's understanding was that as long as the Baku office got their payment in hand, the shipment would be released. But apparently that wasn't quite the case. He says he got this information from both the Baku branch and the Danish branch. The Danish agent even called me yesterday to confirm the time for 2 PM.
So, here we are at 3:30 and no stuff. Apparently, the Danish agent was supposed to be paid prior to delivery, too. I'm not sure why neither he, nor the guy in Baku, bothered to tell us before this morning. I mean come on people! Here we are minding our own business, dutifully waiting in line for some hot dogs, and in comes a text message. Where is our money?
Well, shut my mouth and call me stupid.
"You told me you were going to bring the invoice with you when you came to the house this afternoon."
"But, no, we are going to mail the invoice to you next week."
"The invoice that had to be paid before today in order to get delivery?"
"Yes, that invoice."
I'm in the mood to be kind because I can see the backyard and it's pretty, and I'm lucky because not everyone has such a nice backyard to look at, and I do have a chair to sit on, and a TV to watch if I want to, and no one is going to die today if I don't get my stuff.....unlike in Hamlet where lots of people died 12 miles up the road at Elsinore (Helsinger).
I'm just going to put that one down to the technical superiority of the Danes who seem to have mastered time travel before anyone else. They probably managed that in their spare time since Monday and Friday next week are holidays. I'm told we could get it on Tuesday or Wednesday if they get paid first. John figures we'll give them cash because it's only about $500 they're waiting on.....but I can't believe I'll be sitting in limbo for another long weekend over a lousy 500 bucks. By the time I get this house together, it will be time to go back to Canada. God! I'm in full Martha mode and it's going to waste!
**The flowers are very pretty....and the birds sing sweetly....and in another month we can use the pool.**
And tomorrow I will have my precious straw broom and Columbia flip flops.
John confessed that some of the problems might be language issues. Ya think??
**Flip flops flip flops flip flops flip flops.**
We did get some other moving related news in the process, however. Something much more interesting than time and date of delivery. Apparently, this company....isn't exactly a moving company. They are shippers. So, all that was going to happen here this afternoon was the delivery of wooden crates on wooden pallets to the driveway....sign here, thank you very much, have a nice day. Getting it into the house was going to be up to us. Dayum! I sure hope they set it down close to the living quarters.

2 comments:
Karen - I'm loving your blog. Can I have your life???
Cinda
IU Gal
Got those flip flops yet?
Post a Comment