Saturday, February 02, 2013

Why I Don't Blog Very Often....

Well, this week got me back in the saddle again.....two classes on the go now. One design one, and one filler...."Exploring World Religions". I guess the college doesn't consider the Humanities requirement 'filler' but being as I'm as well rounded as I ever expect to become, it's filler. The first project we had in Digital Publishing was to prepared a 4 page brochure on anything of our choice, as a skills demo. I think I am FINALLY getting to the point with all of this that I can take months away from my Adobe programs and yet come back to them with relative ease. Used to be, I felt like I was having to relearn everything each time I started another class. Thank goodness! I was beginning to think I was hopeless.

Our next project in this class is to design a web travel brochure for any place we choose. I'm looking forward to this one and have begun to compile some images of my own and some from the web to round them out. Next I'll do an outline of what I want the content to be, and follow that up with some thumbnails. Feels good to be designing again!

John is at the office preparing bonus packets for the guys. He hasn't been paid yet this month....which is not unusual. He gets paid when his boss remembers to do it, and if the end of the month comes and no money has shown up, John feels it's okay to ask about it. Small companies, eh? There is this job I found online that would be perfect for John....it's back in Dubai. But he does like this one....a lot. Hmmm......

No pressure or nuthin'




No comments: